How Does It Work?
For individual online courses: You determine what subject you need assistance with and contact us by phone or email. You purchase a consultation of 1 hour. We consult with you by phone or online chat to determine your level, goals, whether you'd like an online or in-person class, the book needed and suggest an hourly package - most students receive tips as well.
You purchase the package through our website and we send you our web conference information. You purchase the book online, or we can order it for you.
In-person classes are an option for those in the Maryland, Virginia, and DC area at this time.
For in-person courses: In-person courses are generally made available to business groups. Please contact us for pricing and scheduling. Courses are held at your work site based on your needs.
How Much Does it Cost?
Comprehensive English offers 2 tuition options. Students looking to learn with a book or over a period of a few months benefit from the CE Membership. Members receive 3 hours of tutoring per month for 6 months at $60 per hour. That's $180 per month. There's no fee, and you pay up front.
Students looking for as-you-go consultations or feedback pay $80 per hour with no set time commitment. Feel free to buy as many as you need, when you need them.
How is a Course Completed?
For our Tutoring Services: Class is held in 2 hour groups based on your schedule. In our experience, students finish 2 chapters in 2 hours. Each subject has a different number of chapters per book. You choose how many chapters you want to complete.
For our Premier Services: After consulting with an instructor, projects are completed with their estimate on level of effort. Generally students work with an instructor on these projects 1 hour at a time.
How Many Hours Per Week Will I Study?
For our Tutoring Services: Class is held for 2 hours at a time. We find that 2 hours helps students understand the material.
For our Premier Services: You determine how to spend your hours based on your schedule and the instructor's availability.
Why Comprehensive English?
If you look up the word comprehensive in the dictionary, you will see:
complete; including all or nearly all elements or aspects of something.
"a comprehensive list of sources"
1) We're called Comprehensive English because we educate on all aspects of the language, including regional dialects, accents, slang, idioms and vocabulary other schools don't point out to their students.
2) Our instructors are highly qualified professionals with at least five years of experience teaching English in a school setting. Instructors:
- Are native English speakers with Standard American accents
- Are TESOL Training Institute of Montgomery College (MD) certified instructors
- Are College Reading and Learning Association certified tutors
- Hold Bachelor of Science Degrees in Communications
- Are former teachers for the Literacy Council of Montgomery County, MD
- Are members of the global organization Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Are former chair holders of the Washington DC chapter of TESOL (WATESOL)
- Are current members of the Washington DC chapter of TESOL (WATESOL)
What Are My Technology Requirements for Online Courses?
- A web camera for lessons
- An Internet connection with a minimum speed of 300 kbps download/300 kbps upload to ensure call quality
- An email or phone number
What's the Refund Policy?
If your schedule changes and you are unable to use the number of hours you purchased, you can choose to keep those hours as a credit for use later, or to receive a refund by credit card, check or PayPal account.
What Do I Do Now?
Contact us to set up your consultation! Call us at 301 841 5109 or email us below. If you are a business entity looking for training for employees, include the city in which your business address is based.